What to do after your house has water damage
As soon as the water levels have dropped, it's time to start the recovery process. Here's what you can do to begin restoring your home.
- If your home has suffered damage, call your insurance agent to file a claim you can find most numbers on our website.
- Have your house Checked for structural damage before re-entering.
- Take photos of any water in your home and save any damaged personal property.
- Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their purchase date and value with receipts, and place with the inventory you took prior to the flood. Some damaged items may require disposal, so keep photographs of these items.
- Turn off the power and Keep power off until an electrician has inspected your system for safety.
- Prevent mold by removing wet contents immediately. Old Dominion Specialty Construction can help you arrange this
- Wear gloves, mask and boots when reentering your home